Thursday, March 17, 2016

Oh the Power of Lightning


Well let's hope that is the truth....but being that I make it a practice to not wear a lightning rod on my head, I am hoping that it is definitely the truth!

So I thought I would take this time to give you a little history behind my story.  My life today is a typical mom/wife life.  I get up, go to the gym, go to work, come home, play with boys, cook dinner, go to bed.  Boring...but it is what it is and I love it.   But life wasn't always so calm.  On my 18th birthday I was walking to class (we had an outdoor open campus) and I was truck by lightning.  Yes, you heard that right...kapow...struck.  I fell like a broomstick smack down onto my face.  I knocked two front teeth out...one I supposedly swallowed and the other I inhaled.  I was rushed (almost air lifted but the ambulance got there first) to the ER where I had tubes put in every orifice imaginable.  I was put into an induced coma and was in the hospital for two weeks-ish.  I had a major surgery to remove the tooth from my right lung and have a scar to prove it.  I was out of commission for quite a while - but hey, I lived to tell the tale.  I went on to get a scholarship to play college volleyball and thank goodness the lightning didn't affect my brain capacity.  Sometimes I have memory issues...but hey, who doesn't??  Wait, what was I talking about??????????

Anyway, life went on and every September 7th I remember that my family got a call saying I was being rushed to the hospital and that they should come quickly because no one knew just how bad off I really was.   I don't get too freaked out about lightning storms any longer, unless the lightning is close or streaking straight down.  Then I will sit in my car for hours until the storm passes.  Literally hours.  Sorry babe, I am in my car, in the driveway, two feet away from the door...but there is no way in HELL that I am getting out right now!

So that is my history and the past is in the past.  I will at all times avoid wearing a lightning rod on my head.  But I WILL...one day...get a tattoo of lightning.  Just need to find an artistic person to draw something for me!  Know anyone???

BE A GIANT~~~~~Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment